This position is offered by an international company with great strength and a culture of progression, placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of their staff, They are looking for a Project Manager to lead and support project teams. You will be based in either their offices, on site, client’s offices, from home, as best fits the companies needs. You will benefit from a development programme across Public and Private Sector Portfolios designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
The company is looking for a collaborative, motivated and individual to:
- Provide effective delivery of project management services regionally across the public and private sector.
- Build successful working relationships with local and national clients
- Provide support to the regional infrastructure management team in the growth of the sector regionally.
- Responsibility, under minimum supervision, as Project Manager for projects relating to Higher Education, Further Education, Schools, Local Authority, Regeneration, PRS and Developer led schemes; including pre and post project controls.
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team
- Being a good ambassador for the company, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation’s Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation’s Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Complying with the Project Management toolkit.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding the clients’ programme and project objectives.
- Assisting to generate repeat business.
- Assisting to develop new business opportunities.
- Enhancing your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation’s values.
- Awareness of the professional and commercial implications of your work.
- Contributing towards project governance and fee management activities.
- Building on your understanding of the clients and Atkins’ service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- Understanding of the wider clients business, including appreciation of activities outside your own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation’s values.
- Contribute to bid preparation and winning work.
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues.
- Member (or working towards membership) of a professional body (e.g. ICE, RICS or equivalent recognized institutional body
- Active involvement on a number of commissions/projects as Project Manager under the NEC form or contract administrator under the JCT forms of contract
- Ideally project experience of working for Higher Education, Further Education, Schools, Local Authority, Regeneration, PRS and Developer clients
- Established knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall project management techniques
- Effective review of contracts documents including familiarity with contractual obligations, breaches and remedies.
- General knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of construction and associated law.
- Possess sound technical health, safety and environmental & Risk Management knowledge, applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a commission/project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Good awareness of the range of services provided by the client
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to oversee a team on commissions/projects/programmes
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
- Full UK driving license and be willing to travel within region to support project delivery.
- This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, the company is looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, and will provide an excellent service to our Clients.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. The company provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
The company offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
The company recognises that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements